Valentines Day is one of those days that you either love or hate. On one side of the fence you have the Valentines lovers, the ones who make cute Valentines crafts, cakes, cookies and do everything love inspired. On the other side you have the loathers, the ones who do everything in their power to avoid all things Valentines related.
I get it, if you’re single Valentines can sometimes be a bit of a drain and even when you’re in a relationship it can be just another day… I mean, you don’t need a day to show your partner you care and love them.
I however think Valentines is lovely, I’m not into pure soppy things but I do think it’s nice to be able to carve some time out with your partner due to the fact it’s the day of love.
I’ve come up with 7 perfect non-soppy Valentines Day ideas
- A non-soppy Valentines Day card – This one from You Said It is brilliant and they have an array of different cards to choose from. I love that they aren’t all ‘Rose’s are red, Violet’s are blue’ and instead are things you would say in your day to day life. Me and my partner have this thing where we call each other a dickhead, it was one of the first things I ever said to him on the day that we met so this fits perfectly for him.
- A Comedy Night – Comedy nights are fun, it can class as a date night and it also brings a whole lotta laughs into the night. I personally love a good comedy night and try to go to as many as I can.
- Paint-balling – This is a great way to have a laugh with your partner, get out any anger that you may have built up and really take it out on them. What’s better than chasing them round, armed and ready to let loose.
- Horror Movie Night – Okay, so you could watch any type of movies you want but horror movies aren’t soppy and really get you on the edge of your seat. Plus, if you are looking for a little affection you can pretend you’re really scared and get a hug out of it.
- Go to a Casino – Casinos are great and can bring a good bit of excitement into your life. Plus, if you and your partner are competitive you can really up the anti and see who does better.
- A non-Valentines Date Night – So instead of going out for a romantic meal somewhere that will probably cost a fortune, go to a little dive bar that sells food, your local burger bar or even get some street food at the many places that are popping up around the place.
- Go to a gig – Gigs are a great place to go, you have fun and can screech at the top of your lungs while dancing like a loony.
So there you have my 7 non-soppy Valentines Day ideas.
Are you doing anything for Valentines Day? Is there anything you would add to the list?