While on the search for a new home we have been preparing in advance for if we were to move sooner rather than later. This doesn’t mean living out of boxes and packing everything up, as we haven’t found a suitable place yet but, we have been prepping and planning for when the time comes.
- Overhauled all the kids’ toys – Made sure that all broken toys were thrown, anything usable but outgrown has gone to charity and all the essentials are kept.
- Overhauled Tapangas’ bedroom – She is a serial hoarder, so I’ve had to go in there and sort through tons of clothes, old teddies and a host of old school books.
- Sorted all cupboards – We seem to keep a lot of things for a ‘just in case’ moment, all of which are in the cupboards. A lot of it is useless junk and nothing I would like to take to a new home.
- Sorted through all the clothes – I have literally cut our wardrobes in half. There were so many clothes that were ruined, too small and just not wearable any more, I’ve packed them all up and got rid. I also sent a bunch off to the charity shop.
- Looked at removal quotes to see what sort of cost we are looking at when moving – We know the area we want to move to so this has made looking for an average price on quotes fairly simple.
- Packed loads of non-essentials and sentimental items away – This was one of the first things I wanted to do. When I last moved 12 years ago, I left a briefcase full of items that belonged to my dad and a whole host of family photos. I was devastated and never able to get it back as my old home was being knocked down. This really devastated me as I lost my dad when I was 13, so it was all really close to my heart. I never want to be in that position again.
- Found someone who is willing to look after the animals – Moving with animals can be super stressful, not only for you but for them as well. I don’t want them to be locked up or hurt when moving, so we have fully prepared in advance who shall take them while the move and decorating of the new home happen.
There is so much more we have to think about, prep and plan but, for now, I think we are on track for everything to go quite smoothly when we find our dream home.
Hopefully, we shall find a new home soon and a company that is experienced in house removals. If that all goes to plan I am sure that all the planning, searching, viewings and everything else shall be worth it.
*Post does contain sponsored links but all words and happenings are my own.